Wednesday 27 November 2013

Digi Pack analysis

Creating both the digi pack and magazine advert myself I am going to explain how they were created in stages by using a series of images over a period of time. Capturing images while shooting to get images relating the the style and genre of our music video. After gathering these images I carefully overlaid them to show different layers and textures to obtain the best outcome to relate to our video. Using broken glass, trees and urban graffiti. This was influenced by other artists, I believe the outcome worked well. Now I am going to show the creation of the video;






This series of images how the creation of the digi pack showing how they images were overlaid I also changed contrast and brightness also posterizing images to give a more cartoon feel. Making the Magazine advert there are clear similarities between this and the digi pack. I did this to show continuity throughout also so the audience can clearly recognise our style and characters. 

Influences for choosing this style from other artists although their area of music may not be the sam as ours, their street and urban side links with ours from genres such as hip-hop and rap.

 The image above is from Dirty Dikes album, the run down graffiti in an urban location with Dike laying passed out on the floor, this type of framing of shot is simular to mine and influences were taken from this peice, such as the graffiti urban element.
 This image is from Foreign Beggars album cover they are a Hip-Hop group. Influences I have taken from this are the ability to 'cartoon' or posterize an image, I did this to our characters faces to give an unnatural feel.
This album cover is from Mos Def, the framing of this porttrait shot is what influenced me with this image, Showing clear indication of character/artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment